Reading to your baby has many benefits. It teaches your baby how to communicate with others. It introduces your baby to maths, literacy, shapes and colours in a fun way. It also develops their memory, vocabulary and listening skills. Babies learn all about their world through reading.
- One of my all time favourites is The Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. It incorporates maths, literacy and lots of colours to produce a wonderful story for young and older children.
- Babies love books with a lift-up-flap and the Spot series of board books by Eric Hill are just the thing to engage your little ones.
- My Big Animal Book by Roger Priddy is a wonderful book to teach your baby about how to love animals, while learning words.
- Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathman is a great book with few words that allows the pictures to tell the story.
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sally McBratney gives you the opportunity to assure your baby how much he/she is loved and that there are no boundaries to your love.
- Leo Loves Playtime by Anna McQuinn introduces your baby to some great activities like singing and peek-a-boo.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Eric Carle has beautifully illustrated animals with rhyming text.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown is a wonderful bedtime story that will enthral all children young and old.