Small children love to explore. So doing a checklist of potential dangers in your bathroom is also a good idea. Make sure to get down to your child’s level in order to see what they see from their height.
There are so many places a child can injure themselves in your bathroom. Like climbing up onto the ledge of the bathtub may end with your child falling in head first, so
- Always keep the bathroom door closed and never leave your child unattended.
- When bathing your child, always remember to bring everything you need into the bathroom. Always run the cold water first, before adding the hot water to the bathtub.
- Always keep razors, medicines and cosmetics in a locked cupboard out of your child’s reach.
- Toilets are a dangerous area for small children too as they can fall head first into the toilet and drown. Make sure you keep the door permanently closed or buy a toilet latch to keep them out.
- The bath taps can be hot so always ensure you explain to your child when sitting in the bath to not touch them or better still cover with a wash cloth to ensure your child doesn’t burn themselves.
- Always make sure you put away your hairdryer or electric razor and don’t leave them plugged into the powerpoint.