Small children love to explore. So doing a checklist of potential dangers in your hallways and stairs is also a good idea. Make sure to get down to your child’s level in order to see what they see from their height.
- Block young children from access to all stairways with safety barriers or gates to avoid the risk of falling.
- Always hold the safety rail when you carry your child down stairs.
- Make sure no toys are left on stairways, as this could be a tripping hazard.
- Consider installing safety gates to close off high-risk areas such as the bathroom and laundry or simply close the door.
- Make sure all doors leading off your hallways are closed or have a latch.
- Makes sure all your power points in hallways have plugs in them.